CrossPointe Preparatory aims to help parents raise up life-long learners in the training and admonition of the Lord. Partnership with parents is the distinguishing feature of CrossPointe Preparatory. As a University-Model School, the parents and teachers work together to ensure that students receive the highest level of education while discipling the child’s heart. CrossPointe is a private Christian school where all faculty and parents profess a relationship with Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
Additionally, because of the University-Model format, student time is divided between the home and the classroom. This is a full time, five day per week school with students spending two-three days each week in the classroom and two-three days studying at home under the supervision of a parent. As students mature, they become increasingly independent, so that by the time they reach the 12th grade, they work and study as independent learners, prepared for college. This unique model allows parents to continue to have an ongoing impact on their student’s life; rather than losing family time during these precious years, CrossPointe’s format allows the family to intentionally spend more time together and the parents remain one of the primary influencers on their student’s life.
If you feel this unique and intentional format is for you, or if you’d like more information about CrossPointe Preparatory, please feel free to contact us.
The Benefits of this Model for Students and Families:
- Strong Parental Involvement, ensuring that the students continue to benefit from their parents’ influence in these formative years.
- Experiential Instruction, using hands-on projects and group discussion to fully engage even the most reluctant student.
- Character and Spiritual Development from caring Christian teachers who
interweave these vital principles into class time.
- Private School Setting, where traditional classroom etiquette is expected.
- Small Class Sizes, allowing for personal attention from the teacher
- Social Interaction, as students form wonderful friendships with their fellow classmates.
- Flexible Lifestyle: Home education – whether full time or part time – affords incredible opportunities for spontaneity in family life.
- Lesson Plans and Grading: the burden of writing lesson plans, grading
assignments, and preparing report cards is completely removed from the homeschooling parent, as these are part of the services that CPP provides.